Thursday, May 26, 2011

If only...

If only I had more time in the day to do more things that I wanted to do.
If only I had less laundry to do...

...I were on top of things I would...
    ... post more on this blog
    ... take showers daily
    ... take my kids to the park
    ... take more pictures (I feel guilty because we have a MILLION pictures of        Kailey's first year... and only a HUNDRED of Cohen's so far... :[  )
    ... laundry
    ... dishes
    ... cleaning
    ... dusting, etc.

If only I had more time... But I don't. No one does...

However, I have my kids. I spend every waking moment with them. Who says I haven't accomplished anything? I feed my kids daily, change their diapers, put them down for naps, change their clothes, feed them some more, give them baths, brush their hair, brush their teeth. My children are thankful for that. A lot of children don't have the privilege of being able to spend even 15 minutes with their mothers... and some never get the chance to even meet them. I promised myself a long time ago that I was going to be a better mother than mine was. That's why I've chosen to stay at home with my children. I may not have a clean house, and dishes may be in the sink, but my children love me, and I love my children. I may have 6 loads of laundry to do, and I may have toys all over the living room floor, and crumbs in the kitchen, but -to me- my children are more important to me. Whats going to matter more 10 years from now? A clean house or memories with my children? I can deal with a little mess, and I can deal with accidents. What I can't deal with is not spending my time with my children. I can't imagine not being there the first time they smile, crawl, walk, or say "mama!".

Thats pretty much all I'm going to say about that... :]

<3Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment