Saturday, March 5, 2011

A little background in the begining...

Hi everyone!

I want to start off by telling y'all about myself. My name is Kayla. I am currently 20 years old. I am married to my high school sweetheart, Blake, and we have two beautiful bundles of joys in our lives. My husband is in the Army National Guard, and we live in the middle of almost nowhere - Auburn, Georgia.

This is our daughter Kailey (pronounced Kylie) Brooke. She was born on August 14, 2009. She weighed 7lbs 9oz. and was 19.25 inches long... :]



This is my husband and I the day of our wedding. Just 3 weeks after our beautiful daughter was born.


This little man right here is Cohen Michael. He was born on September 23, 2010. He weighed in at a whooping 8lbs 13oz! and was 19.5 inches long! And just look at that hair! (Which all fell out later, but is now starting to grow back...lol.)


Well, that was when they were born. This is them now.

This ball of fire is Kailey Brooke at 18 months old! It's crazy how time flies by and you look back and you're left wondering where it went. That's how I feel with her anyway. I feel like I gave birth to her yesterday, but she's almost 2! I remember the day so vividly. I had to be induced because I was a week past my due date, and the doctors didn't think I'd go into labor anytime soon on my own. Going back a little bit just to say that my husband (fiancĂ©) at the time was doing his basic training and AIT (advanced individual training) for the Army in Missouri during most of my pregnancy with Kai. Anyways, he graduated the day before Kailey was born and got to the hospital just as they were inducing my labor. We were so thrilled that he got to be there because, honestly, we didn't think he was going to be able to see her born. I remember when she came out. I got to help deliver her, and got to pull her up on my chest. I was so amazed at what I had done, what God had done. Still to this day I can hardly believe that I made her. I made her tongue, her lips, her hands, her everything. And if I wasn't for me (and yes, God too) then she wouldn't be here. All I could think about was how much I loved my little girl, and how I could never live without her. I was amazed at how easily it is to love your own child. Even though she was just born-I loved her so so much.


This little big guy is Cohen Michael at just 5 months old. Yes, I said 5 months old. He weighs in at 19lbs 4oz and is 27 inches long! He is sooooo huge! He's already in size 9 months clothes! I barely even got to put him in his newborn sizes when he came home, because he was already almost 9lbs! Speaking of him being a newborn, the day he was born, I had to be induced again. Apparently, my uterus is the mother of all uterus's because my babies just want to stay in there! He was also a week late. His birth wasn't as easy as Kailey's was. My epidural didn't work very well with his labor. I could feel everything from the waist down, and of course there was nothing the doctors could do about it. They even gave me two re-doses, one of which had a sedative in it. Neither helped. It was agonizing. I can't remember as much from his birth as I do with Kailey's. But I do know that I loved him just as much as I did Kailey when I first saw him. I remember asking the nurses how much he weighed. When they told me 8lbs 13oz I immediately asked my doctor if I tore... Fortunately I didn't!


So, now you know a little about me and my family :]

<3 Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment