Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh-My-Gosh

In January of 2010 my period once again didn't show up. I didn't assume all was well this time. I was all too familiar with what was happening to my body. I took a test, and low and behold it was positive...AGAIN! 

Finding out I was pregnant with Cohen was a BIG shocker. And by BIG I mean huge, enormous, over the top! I couldn't believe it, absolutely couldn't believe it. Kailey was only 5 months old when I tested positive. This means I got pregnant when she was 4 months old!! CRAZY!! That means they would only be 13 months apart! And by NO means were we trying! I was actually on birth control. -Note to self: Don't use YAZ ever again!- I was really upset with being pregnant again, but I got over that quickly.

My first thoughts were:
How am I going to take care of TWO kids UNDER 2?
How am I going to handle being pregnant and taking care of an infant?
Am I going to be good at managing two kids?
How do I handle it when they BOTH start crying?

But I soon realized that it will all come naturally when the time comes...I am a mother after all...

After finding out that I was pregnant again, I immediately stopped my BC and called my OB/GYN to make an appointment. I was guessing I was around 6-7 weeks along, but they wouldn't see me until I was 12 weeks! I was like seriously?!? 12 weeks? Isn't that a little late? Did you not hear me correctly? I said I tested POSITIVE on a home pregnancy test and I need to make an appointment to make sure it's right! I'd almost be in my 2nd trimester for heavens sake!

Anyway, I want to state that I in no way intended on getting pregnant. However, Cohen (and Kai bug, too) is not nor never will be, a mistake. He is what God wanted for our family. Yes, I was a little upset, okay, a lot upset, when we found out, but I love him just the same! Now, I can't imagine what life would be like with just a toddler. I needed Cohen in my life and God knew that, so he gave him to me, and I couldn't of been happier.

When family found out (because of lack of planning on my husbands part- he left a receipt for prenatal vitamins on the kitchen table for everyone to see), they we're very happy. Actually they were mad and thought we were lying about being on BC! But thats another story by itself...

Here is our first glimpse of our baby boy...


No comments:

Post a Comment