Thursday, April 28, 2011

Auction of the Heart

Hi everyone!

We went to the doctor this morning! Our pediatrician put her on a high calorie diet. Meaning whatever I feed her I have to put butter/mayo/sour cream/grated cheese/cheese sauce/gravy on it. Anything to give her extra calories. I was told to also give her "Boost Formula" to help her gain weight. This is a high calorie "milk" drink (like pediasure). She labeled Kailey as "FTT" or Failure To Thrive. :[  But told me not to worry because that is a general term meaning that she's not growing at the same rate that she was as a baby, or growing as they would like to see her on the growth carts... BUT she DID gain 2 more pounds since last month!! (she's at 24 lbs now!)

All of this is because she needs to be a certain weight before they can do the surgery. Not exactly sure what the goal is here... but probably somewhere between 25-30lbs. So, she's getting close! :] And with all the extra calories, she will be there in no time!

As most of you know, I am the owner/designer of Little Teapot Designs. I would like to host an auction on my facebook page in order to help pay some of the medical expenses associated with my daughters up coming surgery. If you would be interested, I will be auctioning off baby items that I make. Such as:
Baby blankets,
Tag blankets,
Rhinestone onesies,
Tutu's
Bows,
Diaper cakes,
Diaper Bags,
Cloth baby shoes,
Burp cloths,
Wash cloths,
Cloth diapers,
Name blocks,
Alphabet blocks,
Keepsake box,
Wipe case,
Diaper carry case,
Car seat canopies,
Invitations,
Announcements,
ETC...

Please let me know if you will be interested. And let you're friends and family know about it too please! We really do need all the help we can get!! Thanks!

Edited to tell ya'll that I forgot to mention that Cohen got his FIRST tooth today!! Yeah I know, a little late huh? haha. He is 7 months old... and Kailey did get her first tooth at 5.5 months... so I think he's going to be slow on a few things... my little fatty! Oh, that reminds me, he now weighs in at 22 lbs!! Only 2 lbs away from Kailey!! haha. I <3 my Chunky Monkey Man! (his initials are CMM--Cohen Michael Mote--Chunky Monkey Man!)

<3 Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment